Baltimore County Public Schools will be among the highest-performing school systems in the nation as a result of creating, sustaining, and investing in a culture of deliberate excellence for every student, every school, and every community.
Victory Villa Elementary School will provide a collaborative, student-centered environment which encourages critical thinking and creativity within a safe and positive learning community, through a rigorous program that meets the needs of our diverse learners.
~Schools should teach:
- Lifelong learning, real life skills, problem solving, communication, responsibility, accountability, independence, character, organization
~A good school is one that:
- Encourages, accommodates, collaborates, expects, is involved with families and community, is tolerant, is flexible and responsive, fosters creativity
~A successful student is able to:
- Be resourceful, apply new learning, think critically, persevere, master grade level expectations, set goals, communicate, respect, cooperate
~An effective classroom is one in which:
- Students are engaged and interacting, student-centered, inviting and organized, offers a variety of learning opportunities and encourages students to express their ideas, demonstrates a respectful rapport with teachers, students, families, students feel safe and cared about
~A good school faculty/staff member is one who:
- A team player, approachable, challenges and supports others, collaborates and communicates, understands their responsibilities, is highly qualified, facilitator of learning, puts students first, is flexible, is enthusiastic and motivating, knows how to laugh, celebrates the positive
~A quality instructional program includes:
- Accessible curriculum that can be effectively implemented, rigor, differentiation, attainable expectations, variety of learning resources, an interdisciplinary model